Roof Restoration & Roof Repairs Sydney
Got a Roof?
A roof leak can damage:
- Ceiling and paint work
- Seep into bricks damaging mortar
- Soak into the foundations increasing building movement
- Wet foundations and walls will cause damp and mildew
- Soak into stud walls attracting white ants
You always want to act quickly when a roof leak appears as well as take the time for roof maintenance each year. The right metal roof correctly installed and well maintained can last 30 years – but will fail much earlier if not properly attended to.
DIY – Assessing a roof leak.
Some overhead leaks are due to minor problems–such as a small hole in flashing — that you can usually handle on your own if you have lots of time, patience, a high quality ladder, a life line, and some basic tools.
Ready to DIY? Click here: DIY Annual Roof Inspection and Safety Tips.
Please call Pipe Perfection when…
- There are multiple leaks.
- You have not been shown how to safely use a ladder.
- The leak is wicking across framing members or along walls, making it difficult for you to trace the actual source.
- A previous DIY repair isn’t holding.
- The leak has caused significant damage to roofing surface or flashed areas.
- The roof surface, such as ceramic tile roof, is beyond your abilities.
Hmm … Repair or replace?
Your roof is exposed to extreme weather changes and an enormous amount of water – much of it corrosive – over its life time. As it expands and contracts, it loosens rubbers, fasteners, opening seams, joints and cracking flashing. These changes wear them out and that’s how leaks begin. Once a roof hits 15 years of age, it’s now a likely candidate for re-roofing
Investing in a new roof can be a much cheaper option in the long run.
- Roof leaks are frequent and/or extensive.
- Repair costs are getting too high.
- You’re adding a house extension.
- The roof tiles let in dust and the house gets too hot.
Replacing a Roof?
Consider these advantages of installing a Colorbond (metal or steel) roof.
- Less prone to movement: tiles can shift more easily allowing water to enter.
- If you have a flat roof with a shallow/no slope: Colorbond is the only choice.
- Clean, contemporary look: Colorbond is popular with architects for modern extensions and new homes
- It’s easy to change the colour scheme and look of a home: You can change from brown tiles to a huge range of colours dramatically changing the appearance of your home
- A great choice to reduce cooling and heating costs: Colorbond is thermally efficient when used with the correct insulation.
- Because the roof weighs less, you get less stress on the roof’s timber support
On the flip side, there are some disadvantages to a Colorbond roof
- Metal or steel roofing can be noisier during rain but good quality insulation can reduce that
- Harder for DIY as a single tile can be replaced as opposed to a whole sheet
- Installation and repair has to be completed by a professional due to the high level of technical competence required
Think outside the tool box – why your best roofer might be your Pipe Perfection plumber!
Roofers know roofs. We know leaks. We can quickly determine where the leak is coming from and fix it whether it be roof, water pipe, drainage pipe or bathroom.