Here are some lighthearted facts about plumbing:
- Copper piping has been around for approximately 3000 years, the Egyptians were one of the first to use it all those years ago when laying their own piping.
- 3 years is the average time that a person will spend on the toilet in their lifetime.
- Over a 10 year period, a dual flush toilet will cost you around $250, whilst a single flush comes in at $760, which would you prefer?
- A 2000 year old toilet was discovered in the tomb of a Western Han Dynasty King in China, although much different from today, the toilet was made out of stone and was probably not very comfortable!
- Mario and Luigi are considered by many to be the world’s most famous plumbers.
- Everyone has a one in 10 000 chance of being hurt by a toilet in their lifetime.
- Despite popular belief, Thomas Crapper (make a note of the link between his surname and the popular use of the word to describe the toilet) did not invent the first toilet, he simply bought the patent rights for it.
- The biggest myth is that the direction water moves in after a toilet has been flushed is the result of which hemisphere we live in. It’s to do with the direction that the rim jets are positioned.
We hope this made you smile. Have a great day from the team at Pipe Perfection.