As Summer came and left us so quickly that if you blinked you would have missed it, with winter now upon us, it becomes an important time of year to protect your home and family from the weather changes that bring even more chilling plumbing problems. We can help to keep your home safer in a few simple steps:
- Ensure that your taps are working properly. Cracks can worsen and cause a lot of damage over time, especially in the colder seasons. If you spot any cracks, make sure you get them fixed quickly.
- Trim your trees regularly, ensure the branches don’t get too close to the house and keep leaves away from guttering and down pipes.
- Drain your hot water heater to help extract sediments and debris. If this is too hard, we can help.
- Check storm water pits to ensure that the area is free from water pooling; you don’t want to be left with a flooded garden.
- Install Carbon Monoxide Detector badges near your fireplaces, water heaters and gas heaters – or see our Winter Packages for a free Carbon Monoxide test and Detector Badge.
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors to make sure they are functioning correctly.
Important Message: Every winter the media report on horrible illnesses and even fatalities that result from leaking gas heaters. Carbon monoxide (CO) pollutes your home but it can be prevented. Pipe Perfection will conduct a CO detection test when you get your annual gas hot water and gas heater service, which ensures your safety, avoids cold showers in winter and also extends the life of your gas heater. Another point is that their warranty can be voided without a service