Hate feeling that bulge of fat protruding from the top of your pants while you’re sitting at your work desk? According to Sydney Morning Herald article, Slimming the bottom line, office jobs are not only increasing our wallets but are increasing our waist lines too. With all the hours we spend slouching in our chairs, grabbing a quick bite to eat and sifting through endless piles of paperwork, it’s no wonder being deskbound is letting the kilos creep up. Medical Doctor, John Tickell, recommends these 5 surefire ways to keep your weight at bay and improve your quality of life:
- Climb 200 stairs every day.
- Grab a glass of water every half hr. Water keeps you hydrated and the process of getting the water will increase your activity levels during the day (even more so if you follow step one and go up and down stairs when you get the water, like we do at Pipe Perfection).
- Hug someone before you leave home, this releases the love hormone, oxytocin, which lowers stress levels and reduces blood pressure.
- Remind people how much they are valued in the workplace with a simple ‘well done’ or ‘good job’. It makes people feel better and can increase productivity levels.
- Take two deep breaths every 2 hours and plan that 3 day getaway you’ve been meaning to go on.
Follow these steps regularly and your waist line and wellbeing will be better for it. See this article in full for more inspiration http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/blogs/work-in-progress/slimming-the-bottom-line-20110520-1ev9z.html