Water and the warmer months tend to go hand-in-hand, so here are some tips on conserving water as we move into warmer weather:
- Cut down the time you spend in the shower…and take showers instead of baths.
- Install a dual flush toilet – call Pipe Perfection Plumbers and we’ll arrange it for you.
- Fix all leaking taps and toilets (you’d be surprised how much water can be wasted if your cistern is leaking).
- Speaking of the toilet, don’t use it to flush away used tissues and garbage that could just as easily be placed in the bin.
- Only run full loads in the dishwater and washing machine.
- Look for the water rating when choosing everything from showerheads to toilets, washing machines and dishwashers.
- Don’t run the water while shaving, brushing your teeth or washing your hands – most of the water runs down the sink.
- Plant water-wise native plants that need less water.
- Install a drip watering system in your garden.
- Even when water restrictions are relaxed, keep up your good habits – like hand watering with a trigger or spray wands.
These little things may go unnoticed, but just wait until the water bill comes in the mail! These good habits will help you and your family save on water all year round.