With summer coming and going so quickly that if you blinked once you missed it, autumn is now upon us and it’s a really important time of year to protect your home and your family from the tricky mishaps that can occur around this time of year.
- Ensure that your faucets (water inlets, handles and spouts) are working properly, i.e. not leaking or cracked because cracks can worsen and cause a lot of damage if left unrepaired, especially in the colder seasons. Give us a call if any of your faucets look like they need to be repaired or replaced
- Seal exposed entry points and any uncovered areas around piping to stop foreign objects from blocking these drainage systems. Try Waterproofing Tape.
- Get to know where your water main is, just in case you need to shut off in an emergency.
- Trim your trees regularly, to ensure that branches don’t get too close to the house and to prevent fly away leaves from getting into your guttering and down pipes, causing blockages.
- Rake away all leaves and debris from the front of your house.
If you get stuck, call us to assist with securing your roof flashing and unblocking your gutters/drains.